Mods auf dem Mac

Hier gehören allgemeine Fragen rund ums Modding/Mods, Tools und Dinge, die nicht in die Unterforen passen, hinein.

Moderatoren: Malgardian, FOE, frx

Sehljay
Rattenfänger

Re: Mods auf dem Mac

Beitrag von Sehljay »

Hallo liebe Torchlightgemeinde,

ich habe mir auch die Mac-Version bei Steam geladen und dachte mir ich mode das Ganze mal auf Deutsch um. Es gibt ja den schönen Fachkelschein2.0 Mod. Mein Problem ist ich kann das Spiel starten, kann auch das derzeit laufende Spiel fortführen, allerdings kann ich meinen Charakter nicht ändern. Sobald ich einen anderen als den derzeit aktiven anklicke hängt sich das Spiel auf und es geht gar nichts mehr.

Hat jemand Infos für mich woran das liegen könnte?

Grüße,
Sehljay
FOE
Moderator der Technik
Moderator der Technik

Beitrag von FOE »

Hallo Sehljay,

willkommen in unserem Forum. Wir freuen uns über den Zuwachs der Community und wünschen dir viel Spaß beim Diskutieren. Trotzdem wollen wir dich - nur zur Sicherheit noch einmal - darauf aufmerksam machen, dass es in diesem Forum bestimmte Regeln gibt. Die Forenregeln findest du hier.
Bitte lies sie Dir zumind. einmal genau durch!

Für Fragen technischer Natur gibt's als erste Anlaufstelle das Thema [Sammlung] Probleme mit/um Torchlight.

Schon mal vielen Dank für das Beachten der vielen Regeln :wink: und viel Spaß beim Spielen! :D
___
Sehljay hat geschrieben:ich habe mir auch die Mac-Version bei Steam geladen und dachte mir ich mode das Ganze mal auf Deutsch um. Es gibt ja den schönen Fachkelschein2.0 Mod. Mein Problem ist ich kann das Spiel starten, kann auch das derzeit laufende Spiel fortführen, allerdings kann ich meinen Charakter nicht ändern.
Was meinst Du da mit "Ändern"?

Welche Version von "Fachkelschein2.0 Mod" läuft, V2 oder V3? Die V3 hat AFAIK unter v1.15 ein paar Probleme, siehe im entsprechenden Thema dazu.
Sehljay hat geschrieben:Sobald ich einen anderen als den derzeit aktiven anklicke hängt sich das Spiel auf und es geht gar nichts mehr.
Hmm, und wenn Du mal die Mod wieder Entfernst?

Siehe hierzu auch [How to] Mod - Installation und die vorigen Beiträge!
Servus, Erwin
--
Mein « Bild » Thema :!:
^^ Meine PC's, Meine Char's, Kompendien, Links, ...
--
Ein (techn.) Problem :?:   » [Sammlung] Probleme mit/um Torchlight 1 // Torchlight 2 :!:
Sehljay
Rattenfänger

Beitrag von Sehljay »

Hey,

also mit "ändern" meinte ich, dass ich keinen anderen Charakter laden kann. Allerdings habe ich heute, beim x-ten Versuch einen anderen Charakter zu laden, ein AHA-Erlebnis. Es ging plötzlich und das ohne das ich irgendwas verändert habe. Manchmal muss man Technik nicht verstehen...
Aber es funktioniert und ich bin glücklich! ;-)

Keep on smiling,

Sehljay
FOE
Moderator der Technik
Moderator der Technik

Beitrag von FOE »

Sehljay hat geschrieben:also mit "ändern" meinte ich, dass ich keinen anderen Charakter laden kann.
OK! :roll: :wink:
Sehljay hat geschrieben:Allerdings habe ich heute, beim x-ten Versuch einen anderen Charakter zu laden, ein AHA-Erlebnis. Es ging plötzlich und das ohne das ich irgendwas verändert habe. Manchmal muss man Technik nicht verstehen...
Aber es funktioniert und ich bin glücklich! ;-)
Freud' mich zu Lesen, aber Normal ist es nicht!

Scheinbar hat die Mac-Version einfach Probleme mit den Mods ... :?
Servus, Erwin
--
--
Ein (techn.) Problem :?:   » [Sammlung] Probleme mit/um Torchlight 1 // Torchlight 2 :!:
FOE
Moderator der Technik
Moderator der Technik

Beitrag von FOE »

Hallo ihr Mac-User!

Habe gerade durch Zufall eine Mac FAQ bez. Mod auf der "RGF's Torchlight Mods Database" gefunden!
Now that the Mac version of Torchlight has hit the virtual shelves, it is time to put up a FAQ for everyone! It's going to be over here in the Mods Database for now, as the wikis are locked for the move and some vital mod-related information is included. Read on!

General Questions

Where can I get Torchlight for the Mac?
Currently the only distributor is Steam. Release dates for boxed and digital Encore versions should be announced soon. If you bought Torchlight already from Runic Games or Perfect World your Activation Keys should now also work on Steam for both the PC and Mac versions.

Will the boxed version from Encore for Mac also include the special Ferret pet?
Yes!

Can I play Torchlight in another language on the Mac?
The localized versions haven't been released yet, but there are a number of unofficial translations available as mods.

Will my Torchlight saves on SteamCloud work on both operating systems?
As I don't use Steam myself, I'm going to quote Travis for this answer:
  • Note on SteamCloud support – the Mac version DOES support SteamCloud, however our implementation of that is not cross platform. i.e. you can migrate your saves from PC to PC, and Mac to Mac, and they won’t collide with one another, but your PC saves will not migrate to Mac and vice-versa. Our saves ( and all the other compressed files associated with them when using mods ) are not cross-platform, and we would have had to have thought of that a lot earlier to make it happen. This isn’t a limitation of Steam, it’s just how we initially wrote the game.

It will not overwrite saves – they will pass each other by. You won’t have to worry about erasing the other platform’s games.
Will Steam Achievements carry over between platforms?
Yes, they are tied to your account.

Mod Questions

Do PC mods work for the Mac?
Yes, they can work. However, a significant problem may occur if the mod uploader used a PC and includes .adm files. These files are the compressed version of the .dat files, which are the files that hold the information. The compression used on the PC and Mac are different, and thus if a Mac user tries to load a mod that includes PC-based .adm files, or vice-versa, the game will likely crash. In the future we will warn uploaders to remove all .adm files from their mods to promote compatibility and lower file sizes.

Where do I install my mods?
Mods should be unzipped to ~user\Library\Application Support\Runic Games\Torchlight\Mods. The installation instructions are the same as for the PC:
  • Once you find Torchlight's application data folder, you simply need to open the folder titled "mods" and unzip your mods within. Each mod, if created correctly, should extract a folder with a custom name (each mod will likely have a different name in the folder). You may be able to tell if it unzipped properly by checking within the extracted folder to see if a folder titled "media" is inside. Everything MUST be in the correct location within the mods folder, or the mods will not load.

Finally, if you have several mods that attempt to use the same file, they may not be compatible with each other. You may need to edit the load order in the mods.dat file, and if they still don't work correctly you may simply have two mods that will not work with each other. However, if you are particularly handy you may be able to modify the changes in both files into one single file that works together... but for that, you probably should ask the mods' authors in the forums for help.
Where can I get TorchED for the Mac?
Unfortunately, there are no plans for Runic to release TorchED so that it will run on a Mac. If someone in the community would like to release Mac-based mod tools, then we would heartily promote it.

Does that mean I can't make mods if I use the Mac version?
Not at all! All of the game's files can be edited manually. In fact, many of the mods you see on the site now are simple data file or skin edits. For more information on how to make a basic mod, check out this example of how a skin mod was made before TorchED was released.
Servus, Erwin
--
--
Antworten